CONGRATULATIONS! The Faculty and Staff of the Department of Gender Studies are looking forward to sharing this wonderful occasion with you.
Our DEPARTMENTAL GRADUATION celebration will take place on
• Saturday, June 11th, 2016
• 10:00 am -11:30 am
• Korn Convocation Hall, inside the UCLA Anderson Business School of Management
• Seniors must arrive to Korn Hall by 9:00 am assembled in cap and gown
• Contact the Dept. of Gender Studies main office 310-206-8101 with any questions
This is the only graduation ceremony at which you’ll be individually recognized.
The Departmental Celebration will include:
• Group picture prior to the start of the ceremony
• Procession of faculty, Ph.D. candidates and graduating seniors
• Naming of each graduating student
• Recognition of honors thesis and departmental awards recipients
• Closing remarks by the Chair
To Prepare for Graduation:
• Declare your Degree Expected Term via URSA.
• Meet with Samantha Hogan during office hours (M-Th 11am-2pm) to confirm completion of Gender Studies requirements.
• Complete the Gender Studies commencement survey and booklet submission form, review the form for instructions and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org due May 11th.
• Complete all of the items listed in the .
Prior to Graduation Day:
• Review the College Commencement website for general information, timeline and key dates.
• Check announcements posted to MyUCLA.
• Attend one of the graduation workshops offered through the College. To view the workshop schedule, visit MyUCLA and click on the “services” button at the top of the page.
• Complete the "College Senior Survey" available on your MyUCLA.
• Beginning March 1st, you can order your cap, gown, and tassel from Graduation Etc.
• Online ticket ordering details will be posted in spring quarter.
• Tickets will be available for pickup from the UCLA Central Ticket Office.
Students may request up to 4 complimentary tickets for the Gender Studies Departmental Ceremony.
You will also have the option to be wait-listed for additional tickets at $12.00/each.
Order tickets for your guests ONLY - you do not need a ticket for yourself.
• Parking passes are available for purchase from the Parking Office prior to or on the day of the event.
• Students or guests with disabilities should contact the Office of Students with Disabilities; (310) 825-1501 voice; (310) 206-6083 TDD, after May 2nd to receive information about parking and other assistance.
On Graduation Day:
• Breakfast reception beginning at 8:30 a.m to 9:30 a.m in the atrium of Korn Hall (1st floor), attendance is optional
• Graduates are requested to arrive at Korn Hall in cap and gown for check in at 9:00 a.m.
• Seating is unreserved. Doors will open at 9:45 a.m.
• The ceremony will start promptly at 10:00 a.m.
• Graduates will be asked to sit together in a special separate section.